Altus Coating Earns the Luxe Pack in Green Prize at the 2022 Luxe Pack Edition and Presents Glass, Wood, and Metal Innovations.
Our participation in the 2022 edition of Luxe Pack in Monaco culminated in receiving the Luxe Pack in Green prize, in the “Corporate Social Responsibility approach” category. It was awarded to Altus Coating by a jury of major professionals well known in our field.
“For the ALTUS COATING team, receiving the 2022 Luxe Pack in Green prize translated as both recognition from our professional field, luxury packaging, and as a strong incentive to continue on our current trajectory.We follow a daily logic of efficiency, realism, and ambition to support our CSR vision and that of our clients, investing significant resources to this end.
As its name reflects, the “Corporate Social Responsibility Approach” category illustrates the complexities of adopting a progressive approach combined with the global or systemic outlook that is required to have a realistic, meaningful impact.
Our CSR approach is an integral part of our quality policy and includes every aspect, be it environmental, social, or societal. By placing ourselves at the top of the value chain in our field, we believe our choices can have a trickle down effect on the entire varnish-using packaging sector. This places us in a virtuous cycle. Our responsibility must rise to the challenge of the Earth’s current context,” added Eric PERTUS, Altus Coating CEO.
Beliefs which we know are shared by you, and for which we thank you, since they help develop the value chain for everyone.
We were delighted to see this echoed unanimously by the professional packaging press
Read about it here Press release for the 2022 Luxe Pack in Green prize
A much acclaimed trade stand
The Altus Coating team was naturally pleased to welcome and chat with the more than one hundred people who visited its stand at the 2022 Luxe Pack trade show in Monaco, which received an unprecedented number of visitors from October 3–5th.
Our team presented present the latest developments in varnish solutions developed by its own R&D laboratory, including bio-sourced products that:
- Enhance recyclable materials: glass, obviously, which in the limelight in 2022, but also wood and aluminum,
- Save vast amounts of energy for production, solvents, Volatile Organic Compounds,
- Do not prevent up-cycling and thus promote the circular economy.
These products and solutions comply with at least one of the following criteria of the “Environmental Approach” charter:
• contain no more than 10% volatile organic compounds
• contain at least 10% bio-sourced substances
• can be dried under LED lamps
Innovations Luxe Pack 2022
For glass, with a multitude of finishes and properties (gloss, matt, colorless, opaque, “frosted”, unbreakable glass and metallic finishes):
- The ALCOAT range of single coat water-based thermal drying solutions: the reticulation process means substantial savings in terms of energy consumption.
- The ALCURE and ALLUX ranges propose highly innovative solvent-based UV solutions applied directly to the glass with no solvent-based adhesion primer: this eliminates the need for an oven and its huge energy requirements, while also limiting VOC emissions.
- New water-based solutions still under development will soon be offering a phenomenal reduction in energy requirements to meet even more stringent criteria.
- A solvent-based UV solution that does not penetrate the substrate and considerably reduces the amount of product required and VOC emissions, combined with UV reticulation to limit energy consumption and preserve the substrate.
- A water-based thermal solution like that developed for glass.
- A solvent-based UV solution offering the same advantages as for glass, as well as the resistance properties required for the various stages of substrate shaping.
Our latest innovation, ALSAFE, an unrivaled antimicrobial component for hygiene and food safety, was, of course, also showcased.
Wishing you a glorious autumn, and looking forward to seeing you at the Paris Packaging Week trade show, which will be held on 25–26 January 2023!
In the meantime, read about our commitments, our mindset, and our CSR policy here, and don’t miss news on our blog and LinkedIn page.
About Altus Coating
An independent, family-run business, founded in Bourgogne-Franche Comté in 2007 by Lucien and Eric Pertus, Altus Coating, 2010 “Young Innovative Company”, has always implemented an agile approach to innovation and cooperation with its industrial customers and main buyers in the cosmetics sector. This is how Altus Coating came to create a range of varnishes offering targeted responses to specifications and environmental solutions. The complexity of each technical problem is examined by a multi-disciplinary team in the R&D laboratory. The current 15-person team benefits from an efficient ecosystem and the company’s turnover increases regularly by around 15% per year, attaining €5.1 M for the last financial year.