New Year’s greetings for 2023 “all in pictures” by the Altus Coating team.
Or how to savor the passage of time with each and every wish!
As part of the time-honored tradition of our New Year’s greetings, the Altus Coating team has decided to continue its initiative, begun in 2022, with a new annual collection which you can see in the video below.
We’ve made it our priority to offer you this serene new video full of emotions, while accompanying life and your professional desires!
We think that associating beauty with sustainability and technical efficiency through innovation helps to calibrate the importance of each of our daily actions, both collectively and individually, for the common good as well as that of our planet.
Hence, tone, sounds and images from our product range – freely reinterpreted by Emmanuel Teitgen – invite us to savor the passage of time with each and every wish.
To illustrate the passing of time, stop for a moment now and again, enjoy and reflect, and, of course, to act: here are the twelve images of our 2023 collection associated with twelve verbs that guide our actions every day.
Vibrate in January,
Inspire in February,
Share in March,
Cooperate in April,
Research in May,
Innovate in June,
Plan in July,
Consolidate in August,
Commit in September,
Impact in October,
Choose in November,
Apply in December…
Flashback 2022 : what a great news !
Traditionally, this time of the year also provides an opportunity to go back in time a little and talk about the good times we’ve shared with you!
Here is a small selection, including our very latest news from 2022.
Right at the end of the year, we learned that our Platinum Medal by EcoVadis, the global standard for CSR assessments, was being renewed. This puts Altus Coating in the top 1% of its professional category.
We will, of course, come back to this piece of news shortly.
Last autumn, the professional jury of Luxe Pack Monaco awarded Altus Coating its Luxe Pack in Green award, in the “Corporate Social Responsibility approach” category.
An application based on 5 points:
• Vision: a dual CSR & Innovation approach since the company was created
• Determination & Anticipation: getting evaluated very early on in alignment with its most demanding customers
• Impact +: present very early in the value chain, the choices of Altus Coating affect and trickle through the entire packaging industry using varnishes and lacquers
• Overall approach to Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility, based on its local roots and international market
• R&D: continuous improvement approach, acting like a virtuous circle, to propose the solutions and products that have the least impact on the planet..
“For the ALTUS COATING team, receiving the 2022 Luxe Pack in Green prize translated as both recognition from our professional field, luxury packaging, and as a strong incentive to continue on our current trajectory.We follow a daily logic of efficiency, realism, and ambition to support our CSR vision and that of our clients, investing significant resources to this end.
As its name reflects, the “Corporate Social Responsibility Approach” category illustrates the complexities of adopting a progressive approach combined with the global or systemic outlook that is required to have a realistic, meaningful impact. Our CSR approach is an integral part of our quality policy and includes every aspect, be it environmental, social, or societal. By placing ourselves at the top of the value chain in our field, we believe our choices can have a trickle down effect on the entire varnish-using packaging sector. This places us in a virtuous cycle. Our responsibility must rise to the challenge of the Earth’s current context.” Eric PERTUS • CEO.
Finally, the trade shows Luxe Pack in Monaco in October and PCD in Paris in June gave us the opportunity to present the innovations resulting from research and development at the Altus Coating Laboratory, in particular its latest varnish solutions and bio-sourced products which:
- Enhance recyclable materials: glass, obviously, which in the limelight in 2022, but also wood and aluminum,
- Save vast amounts of energy for production, solvents, Volatile Organic Compounds,
- Do not prevent up-cycling and thus promote the circular econom
These products and solutions comply with at least one of the following criteria of the “Environmental Approach” charter:
• contain no more than 10% volatile organic compounds
• contain at least 10% bio-sourced substances
• can be dried under LED lamps.
For glass, with a multitude of finishes and properties (gloss, matt, colorless, opaque, “frosted”, unbreakable glass and metallic finishes):
- The ALCOAT range of single coat water-based thermal drying solutions: the reticulation process means substantial savings in terms of energy consumption.
- The ALCURE and ALLUX ranges propose highly innovative solvent-based UV solutions applied directly to the glass with no solvent-based adhesion primer: this eliminates the need for an oven and its huge energy requirements, while also limiting VOC emissions.
- New water-based solutions still under development will soon be offering a phenomenal reduction in energy requirements to meet even more stringent criteria.
- A solvent-based UV solution that does not penetrate the substrate and considerably reduces the amount of product required and VOC emissions, combined with UV reticulation to limit energy consumption and preserve the substrate.
- A water-based thermal solution like that developed for glass.
- A solvent-based UV solution offering the same advantages as for glass, as well as the resistance properties required for the various stages of substrate shaping.
And so, since the start of our business, we’ve been working on supporting you better:
- a continuous process of improvement: our firm commitment as a company that adheres to the principles of social and environmental responsibility has gradually brought each decision and choice to be viewed as an opportunity to press further along the path to an increasingly neutral impact.
- innovation as a driving force: this is what motivates the Altus Coating team: innovating to make the customers’ creations possible, and supporting the manufacturers whose goal is to make them happy. Searching, researching, imagining, testing feasibilities, developing and supporting processes in the field without ever losing sight of the priority: to satisfy a demanding customer by providing the specific response required to coat the material and make it secure and safe for use.
Acting in close alignment to your needs, simply, in consultation, supporting you, facilitating your developments, helping you win new markets with our solutions – those that exist and those that we will develop together – is what motivates us.
the Altus Coating team is committed to working alongside its stakeholders and to supporting your growth.
Our first appointment is on 25 and 26 January during Paris Packaging Week for the PCD trade show.
Find us at our stand N° L62.
Our best wishes for 2023!
About Altus Coating
An independent, family-run business, founded in Bourgogne-Franche Comté in 2007 by Lucien and Eric Pertus, Altus Coating, 2010 “Young Innovative Company”, has always implemented an agile approach to innovation and cooperation with its industrial customers and main buyers in the cosmetics sector. This is how Altus Coating came to create a range of varnishes offering targeted responses to specifications and environmental solutions. The complexity of each technical problem is examined by a multi-disciplinary team in the R&D laboratory. The current 15-person team benefits from an efficient ecosystem and the company’s turnover increases regularly by around 15% per year, attaining €5.1 M for the last financial year.